Sunday, April 8, 2007

Frogging again! (sigh)

Knitting away on the Venus last night when what to my astonished eyes should appear? The lacey holes have moved one stitch to the right. Wha? Huh? Okay, so I rip down 10 rows or so, and apparently when I picked the stitches back up I must have reversed direction; meaning, front is now back and back is now front. Argh!!! I'm pretty sure this had nothing to do with the adult beverage I was consuming while knitting.

Ripping again. But not right now. Right now I am taking a deep cleansing breath. Do it with me...inhale pink, exhale blue. (I dunno what that means--girls good, boys bad?) And again, inhale...exhale. Okay, we're good. But I'm still not ripping yet. I'm going to peruse the new eye candy purchased at LYS Yarns Unlimited yesterday while in the area having the toes done. Yep, nothing like a pedicure on a 30 degree day, and then a little shopping in flip flops. It's the new look--felted wool sweater, wool coat, flip flops. Toes look great, though (thanks Darcy).

Back to the eye candy--I purchased the latest Rebecca magazine
which has at least five "must do" projects (not committing to when, mind you) and 3 mac & me patterns. Have you seen these ruffled head wraps? Just adorable! They are shown in wool, but I can definitely see them in cotton, or cotton-lycra for summer.

The good news is that I only purchased patternish materials, no yarn. I'm holding out for the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival the first weekend in May. Shoutout if you're going.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Never blame the beverage! ;)

If I'm not careful, I'll do the same thing. It's worse when you can't tell the front from the back